Monday, July 28, 2008

Thing #22

So where did the term ning originate? I'm always interested in acronyms and their derivations.

I do see that the blogs from other teachers and librarians could be helpful, and I like the fact that they are easily accessible. It was interesting to read about middle school scheduling, as our school is similar in that the most demanding classes are taught in the morning, and I understand the reasoning behind that for most; however, now they are saying that teenagers don't really become alive until about 11:00 in the morning, so maybe administrators need to re-think the hours that school even begins for teens. Of course, I also understand the reasons why students need to work after school and participate in extra-curricular activities.

2 comments:

Grendel said...

Ning? I don't know. I will have to research that. I like to know about words, too! It is not a great idea to start high school at 7:30 or 8:00. I can tell that from experience. I wonder if we could swap starting times with elementaries?

MLA said...

I thought about swapping times w/ elementary; however, some of them start early, too, but I guess that would be okay.